Who We Are
We are the Autoantibody Standardization Committee in Rheumatic and Related Disorders of the International Union of Immunological Societies (IUIS), The World Health Organization (WHO), The Arthritis Foundation (AF), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Set priorities that are consistent with the strategic directions of the parent organizations, particulary the IUIS, AF, and CDC, and consistent with the Committee's prime objective to uphold the highest standards of patient care by promoting accuracy in autoantibody testing.
- Ensure communication of strategies and activities to the parent organizations.
- Cooperate with key science, research, and technology organizations to enhance the accuracy and cost-effectiveness of autoantibody testing.
- Promote standardization of autoantibody testing.
- Review and recommend revisions to technology that impact the detection of autoantibodies in human serum.
- Evaluate and provide prototype sera to appropriate individuals, industry, manufacturers, hospitals, and academic institutions.
- Seek the support and foster the cooperation of relevant disease-specific lay groups, institutions, researchers, and the industry sector.
- Undertake or promote studies and research projects approved by the Committee that will enhance the quality of autoantibody testing.
- Publication of key findings and recommendations of the Committee in appropriate medical and scientific media.
- Provide current information and communication tools to enhance presentations and public relations assumed by Committee members.
- When called upon, will serve as an advocacy group for physicians, clinical laboratory scientists, and the technology industry.
Antinuclear Antibodies (ANA) Reference Standards
We also provide a collection of CDC ANA reference standards free of charge to qualified clinical or commercial laboratories to help improve quality controls in the testing of anti-nuclear antibodies and related autoantibodies.
Luis Eduardo C. Andrade, M.D., Ph.D.
Universidade Federal de São Paulo
Rua Botucatu 740
3rd Floor, Rheumatology Division
São Paulo 04023-062, Brazil.
Fax: 55 11 5576-4239
Ignacio Garcia De La Torre, M.D.
Vice-Chairman and Secretary
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology
CUCS - Universidad de Guadalajara
Justo Sierra #2821
Colonia Vallarta Norte
Guadalajara, Jal., México, C.P 44690
Phone: +52 33 3115 2687
Edward K.L. Chan, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Health Science Center
Department of Oral Biology
P.O. Box 100424
Gainesville, FL 32610-0424
Phone: +1 352-273-8849